Sunday, October 14, 2007

Hazy Fall For Flying

I've been flying a lot this week trying to take advantage of the smooth air and pretty colors. I found the time to go up Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for a total of about 3 hours.

It's been foggy in the mornings, but it burns off around 1 or 2 pm. Yesterday there were hazy conditions late in the afternoon. As I was flying along the Willamette River at 80 miles per hour and about 500 feet above the ground and spotted this baloon sharing the sky. I circled him a couple of times and then continued on my way.
I was trying to find some really bright fall colors, but nothing really jumped out at me. So I headed back home and took these shots of our house and garden before I landed. Our trees are just beginning to turn and the yard is starting to green up again after being brown all summer long.

No comments: