Saturday, February 19, 2011

WHAT DO YOU DO ON A RAINY DAY?

Sunrise was beautiful this morning.  Each day is different and clouds make a variety of colors and shadows on the mountains around us.

IMG_6647 IMG_6651 IMG_6654
This morning started out with beautiful blue sky.  We’ll be leaving soon and I climbed the mountain to get some more pictures of our home site for the last month.
IMG_6662  IMG_6657
as you can see, the birds are still with us.  This shot was taken through the screen on our window.
By mid afternoon the clouds started to roll in and it began to rain.IMG_6666
Marlene got back to work preparing her lesson plans for the upcoming garden classes she will be teaching and I sat down to finish another book.  I’ve done more reading on this trip than any other.  I’ve finished 4 novels, the Multnomah County Library “Everybody Reads” novel, “The Other Wes Moore”, the story of the lives of two black men, both named Wes Moore and three David Guterson novels.  His first book was “Snow Falling on Cedars”.  I read that some years ago when it first came out.  Marlene gave me his latest book “The Other” for Christmas and when I finished it I checked out two others of his and read them both.  “East of the Mountains” and “Our Lady of the Forest”  were both good books.
IMG_6667 IMG_6669 IMG_6670

No comments: