Saturday, February 23, 2013

TO MEXICO FOR A CROWN

I had a crown come off one of my molars so we decided to take advantage of our proximity to the border to head to Los Algodones, Mex. to have it put back on or replaced.  We’ve had work done there before and are quite satisfied with the quality and quickness.  The crossing is 107 miles from Borrego Springs.  My first appointment was 8:00 am so I left here at 4:45 for the drive down.  My neighbor from Canby, Bill, who is camped here in Borrego also, decided to ride with me the first day.  The dentist took one look at the tooth and decided the best treatment would be to replace the crown with a new one.  The crown would be ready by 12:30 the next day.
007
Marlene decided to accompany me for the return trip.  When the dentist completed his work, he directed me to no have any solid food or do any chewing for one hour.  He also said it was OK to drink liquids.  We were hungry, but we followed his directive and found an open Plaza cafĂ© and settled into a large Margarita. 
008 009
One thing lead to another and before you know it a band came out and not being able to resist, we joined in the dancing.  Lunch at a local taco stand where fish tacos were $1.00 and shrimp tacos were $1.25 came later.  By the way, the crown cost $220.  We saved enough on the dental work to pay for all the fuel it took to get from Canby to Borrego Springs.

No comments: