Monday, August 6, 2007

Marlene's view

This is the area where I, Marlene, grew up. Across this cornfield is the one room country school I attended for 7 years before the new Jr. High was built in the big town of Melrose, population 500. Of course 60 years ago the only building you would see would be the school itself, not the silo or other buildings there now.
This is the farm I grew up on. The barn is essentially the same. This now sophisticataed dairy farm is operated by my brother and his son.

This is a photo of my older brother Don Schmidt in the milkhouse.

Back to the town of LaCrosse, Wisconsin where this 540-foot-high bluff overlooks the city and where you can view the Mississippi Valley. I graduated from Nursing School here in 1961

1 comment:

Laurie and Odel said...

Hey, this is great. Here we are, living at your place, reading your blog about where YOU are... while you read OUR blog about your place. Only on the internet!
Safe travels, Laurie and Odel