Friday, January 25, 2008

A Couple of Days at Quartzsite "Boomerville"

An early morning surprise. I hear a buzzing and look up and see one of my neighbors flying his parasail ultralite. That night we have a potluck dinner at our house for 4 couples. Believe it or not everyone had a place to sit and a place to put their plate and glass. It was cozy and fun. Bob and Gretchen Chalsma from Wisconsin met us here and joined us for dinner.
The next day we took Bob and Gretchen down town Quartzsite to the big RV show which is going on this week. We stopped for ice cream at a vendor who made home made icecreame using an old John Deere engine and a couple of wooden tubs. Late that afternoon I got started on my "earth oven" project. My plan is to build an oven out of clay so that Marlene can bake bread and other things. The first thing is to have a good foundation.


That night we enjoyed another sunset out our front windshield.

No comments: